Tuesday, September 2, 2008

How do you spell nausea? R-e-a-g-a-n w-o-r-s-h-i-p

Good grief! They're canonizing Reagan again at the RNC in St. Paul.

Why are the Republicans so gay for this guy? (That's not my line - have to give credit to Bill Maher, but it's so true and sums it up so well.) They were bestowing sainthood on His Holiness Ronnie while the theme from some hack western movie played in the background. I think I saw the specter of 20 Mule Team Borax in the shadowy background. Not since he hosted Death Valley Days has Dutch been so "John Wayned."

He gave it all for his country. But he took a lot for himself. And he left our economy in shambles.

The first president to increase the national debt by more than $200 billion in one year, Ronnie promoted the most crippling economic policies in my lifetime . . . until Dubya came along. And for his mismanagement, an airport was named for him. An airport! For a president who was the arch-enemy of the air traffic controllers' union.

Come to think of it, they should be gay for Ronnie. He epitomized many of the truly hypocritical principles of the GOP.

2 comments:

dohlink said...

I like your take on things, and your writing style. I was looking forward to what you had to say about last night's bomb-throwing fest at the RNC. I was thinking that one of the easiest jobs in the world right now is being a writer for The Daily Show...there's so much rich fodder to work with, unfortunately. You've become one of my bookmarks! Best wishes! ~ J. Newberry

Unknown said...

They had to go on and on about Reagan. They needed to fill up the time that in the past they would have used to accolade the out going prez! But they barely wanted to mention his names. Those crazy Repugs.