Hurricane Gustav has put a serious kink in the Party of the Wealthy's plans in St. Paul. What a white bread place to hold your national convention! How appropriate!
To be fair, it's a beautiful area, especially in the non-ice-fishing times of the year. But its Caucasian stronghold symbolism is not lost on people of color . . . nor on the Pachyderm Party faithful.
Taking a cue from the Rove-inspired master magicians who in 2004 transformed John Kerry from a decorated Vietnam vet into a cowardly traitor who supposedly betrayed his fellow vets and his country, the GOP (Gargantuan Opportunity for Patricians) has announced that some of the convention parties will instead be fund-raisers for hurricane relief. How selfless and compassionate!
Of course, you and I know that "compassionate conservative" is an oxymoron. And we all know the moron who made the term popular. (Actually, he's not a moron. I wish he were; he would probably be less dangerous.)
But the party of economically bankrupt Presidents Dubya Bush and Ronnie Reagan and ethically bankrupt Tricky Dick Nixon can't escape the all-too-obvious sign from God, delivered by Gustav, that he/she isn't happy with it. Maybe God is so upset because Republicans claim that God is exclusively on their side . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Everybody knows that The Repugs have a direct link to heaven. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT. They are holier than all.
I guess the only people going to heaven are those with no melanin, because based on what I saw at the RNC only non-melanin people can join thr club. Ok who am I fooling? They will be more than happy to accept people of color as long as they know their role!
Post a Comment